Wednesday, December 19, 2012

ENGLISH - NARRATIVE



CHICKEN AND DUCK
Once upon a time, there was a little chicken, named Gavin who lived in the little house in the centre of Bhadrikazura Kingdom. Gavin with a lot of animal lived in the forest without their parents. They didn’t know where their parents is and what their parents look like, all of the animal in the forest usually call the little house as orphanage. Gavin had close friend named Hurney the duckling.
They had three caretaker, they are Jeveline, Rifrey and Golland. Jeveline is a ostrich and animals in the orphanage usually called her Mom Jeveline, Rifrey is a monkey who usually help Mom Jeveline to make some food for the orphans and Golland is a deer, he guarded them all. They always give orphans some food in the morning and evening, also always take care about them.
One day, Gavin and Hurney walked slowly near of the river. They sat on the big rock and they made long conversation, they talked about everything. Gavin and Hurney thought, they didn’t like the other animal in the forest. They were weak. They could not fly like Uncle Eagle, they could not run like Uncle Golland, they could not catch the prey like Uncle Tiger. They thought they were not wild animal.
Suddenly, a duckling screamed “Hey Gavin! Look!”
“What’s that, buddy?”
“I don’t know, maybe we should bring it to the house and ask Mom Jeveline!”
“Yeah, you’re right Hurney,”
“Come on, help me to bring this, it’s almost broken! Watch out! There is a rock near your feet,”
Hurney and Gavin run to house quickly. They was afraid cause they didn’t know what actually that thing, maybe it was dangerous. After arrived, they asked their friends where actually Mom Jeveline is.
“Mom Jeveline! You must know!” Hurney said.
“What happen, dear?”
“Look! I bought it with Gavin. What is it, Mom? Is it dangerous for us?”
“Oh my, this is cardboard, it’s not dangerous of course,” Mom Jeveline said wisely.
“Card? Board? I never know it,” Gavin said.
“Me too. I guess it came from the place that far from here, right?”
Mom Jeveline thought about something. She kept quite for a minute. She really confused about the cardboard. She doubted to make conclusion, because Gavin and Hurney was found in the cardboard a year ago. She thought it was impossible if she found the same cardboard, but there’s no people here who could to bring from the town because the forest is too far from the town.
“Mom Jeveline? Are you alright?” Gavin said, he worried about her.
“Hoah...yes, yes, it came far from here. I’m okay darling,” She smiled.
“That’s good. Okay, we’ll play with others. Bye Mom!”
“Bye-bye, dear,”
To prove that is the same cardboard which bought Gavin and Hurney to the forest. She realized something. Then she looked to the left part of the cardboard. She searched carefully because the cardboard almost broken. One of a lot reason cardboard could broken because the water, she knew that.
“Oh my God!” Mom Jeveline shouted. On the left part of the cardboard there was an intial ‘H&G’ she shocked.
“What’s wrong?” Golland run quickly to Mom Jeveline.
“I just awared something,”
“What’s that?”
“Where’s Gavin? Hurney? I really need them to come here,”
“Wait a minute, Mom. I’ll come back with them,” Rifrey said.
In short time, there were so many animals surrounding Mom Jeveline. They were curious, they didn’t know what happened last minutes ago, they just heard Mom Jeveline shouted so loud and they wanted to know.
Finally, Rifrey arrived with Gavin and Hurney. They looked around, they thought there was an accident or anything that could be make Mom Jeveline like that. They confused. Condition in that place was very quite. They waited to hear the words from Mom Jeveline. But, Mom Jeveline didn’t say anything.
“Gavin and Hurney,” finally Mom Jeveline said.
“It’s the cardboard that bring you from the town,” She said again.
“The town? What’s that? Is it a beautiful place?” Gavin said so curious.
“Town is the big place. It has so many building. Building is like giant box. I ever went to there,” Rifrey said.
“Oh, I see. I never know it. So, what’s the problem, Mom?” Hurney said.
 “One day, I went to the river. I wanted to bring some water for the children in this house, of course for me too and the other caretaker. I heard a little voice but when I looked around to search where it is, I found nothing. I shocked when I saw something weird near the river. Firstly, I was scared but with my courage I went close with that thing. And I found you two, dear. How lucky I’m to find the cute animal like you two. And I looked for the name of that thing, now I knew that is cardboard after I went to the town several month ago,” in the moment of truth  Mom Jeveline told a long story to every animal surrounding her.
“And I knew from Uncle Pig you two came from animal husbandry when I told a story about you, you was discarded by the people who didn’t like you, and maybe this is the best time to know where actually you come from,”
“Oh my God! Are you sure, Mom?” Golland shocked and the animals in there too.
“Yes, I’m pretty sure,”
“Now, I know the reason why I and Hurney so different with the others,” Gavin said.
“We’re weak, we know that,”
“Hey, hey, who is the person that told you like that? You’re strong, dear!”
“What is the proof, Mom?”
“We’re not wild animal and in animal husbandry people dislike us,” Gavin said.
Hurney and Gavin started to cry. Animals in there just looked and still stayed in their position. They were heart-rending. But they could not do anything.
“Don’t cry, Hurney, Gavin! We believe you can face it,” said Golland.
“It doesn’t matter, dear. We’ll protect each other, you’re wild animal for us,” Mom Jeveline said very carefully, she didn’t want to make them so sad.
“Forgive me... actually I brought them a year ago,” Rifrey said politely.
“I’m sorry, I never told you, Mom Jeveline, Golland...” Rifrey said to tell the truth.
 When Rifrey went to the town, he met Uncle Pig in animal husbandry, he saw many chickens and ducklings and he planned to bring some of them, cause they were very cute animal and in the forest he never look the animal like that.
“So, Uncle Pig gave them to me. Uncle Pig said no problem because there was a hundred the other chickens and ducklings in the cage. I was so happy, but I worried and made a deal with Uncle Pig. I said, if Mom Jeveline, Golland or animal from forest come here and ask something about the little chicken and duckling, Uncle Pig will answer they were discarded by the people who didn’t like them. I brought them with cardboard and when Mom Jeveline called me to give the orphans some food I put them near a river. I shocked when Mom Jeveline found them. I’m sorry, please forgive me,” Rifrey started to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment